How to apply online for voter id?
- The online enrollment process of a new Voter ID is very simple. All you have to do is go to the Election Commission of India (ECI) homepage, the official website for voter id registration. The website has everything you would need to know about the election process in India, from electoral rolls to the election schedules for upcoming elections across the country. It also has a list of guidelines for voters and various application forms to register to vote.
- There are a number of forms, based on the service you wish to avail. These range from name change, the inclusion of name in electoral roll for citizens residing in India, as well as separate forms for those who live overseas and members of the armed forces, those in government service, etc. You would have to select the form for new voter application, which is Form 6.
- To find the form you have to select National Voters Service Portal on the homepage of ECI website. Under the “National Services” section, click on Apply online for new voter. This will take you to the online application form.
Steps involved in new voter id online application:
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of the Election Commission of India.
- Step 2 – Click on National Voters Services Portal.
- Step 3 – Click on “Apply online for registration of new voter”.
- Step 4 – Enter details and upload the required documents.
- Step 5 – Click on “Submit”.
Once you submit, you will receive an email on the email address that you have provided. This email will have a link to a personal Voter’s ID page. You will be able to track your voter ID application through this page, and you should receive your Voter ID card in a month from your application.
Documents Required to Apply For a Voter’s ID Card
To apply for a voter ID card online, you would require the following documents:
- One passport sized photograph
- Identity proof- this could be a birth certificate, passport, or high school mark sheet.
- Address proof- this could be either ration card, your passport, driving license or a utility bill (phone or electricity).
Benefits of applying for Election Card/Voter ID Card online:
There are many benefits for voter id online enrollment. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Comfort: This is the biggest advantage of the online application process. Now, you do not have to travel to the electoral office in your constituency to obtain the form.
– This part used to be an oft-cited reason for not applying for the card, since quite a few eligible voters did not know where their electoral office was located, or did not find the time to collect a form during business hours.
– With the process going online, prospective voters can do away with this inconvenience. They are now able to download the relevant form and fill it up in the comfort of their homes.
- Track Voter ID Status : This is another advantage of applying for an election card/voter ID online. You can easily track your Once you submit the form, you will start receiving regular updates on the status of your application.
- Quick processing : The application process moves faster when you apply online. Applying online would mean your voter ID would be delivered to your doorstep in a month’s time, as opposed to the regular application process which would take much longer.
Apply New Voter Id Click Here
Correction in Voter ID Click Here