The Union Public Utilities Commission (UPSC) has announced the notification of Exam I 2021 Combined Defense Services (CDS). Those Candidates who are interested in the details of the vacancy and have completed all the eligibility criteria can read the Notice and Apply Online.
i. Written Exam consists of Objective Type questions and time duration 02 hrs and maximum marks is 100 for each subject.
ii. For the candidates who are appearing for Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air force Academy written test comprising of English, General Knowledge and Elementary mathematics subjects and for candidates who are appearing for officers training academy the written test comprising of English and General Knowledge.
iii. Candidates who are declared successful in the written exam will be detailed for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference, by the respective service HQ.
- The maximum marks allotted for written examination and interview will be same for each course. That is, the maximum marks allotted for written examination and interview will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy respectively.
- There will be only objective type questions in the paper of all subjects. General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics question papers will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In question papers, wherever necessary, only questions related to the metric system of weight and measurement will be set.
- Intelligence and Personality Test: Candidates who are selected in the written test are called for interview. The SSB process consists of two stage selection process-I and Stage II. Only those candidates who clear Phase I are allowed to appear for Phase II.
- Service. Stage I consists of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests, Picture Detail Description Tests (PP & DT). Candidates will be shortlisted based on a combination of performance in the OIR test and PP&DT.
- Stage II includes interviews, group test officer assignments, psychology tests, and conferences. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
- The personality of the candidate is assessed by three different evaluators. Interview Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and Psychologist. There are no separate weightages for each test. The marks are allotted by the evaluators keeping in mind the performance of the candidate in all the examinations.
Apply Online Click Here
For Syllabus In Gujarati Click Here